LISD Career Out, Seniors and Juniors Sign Up

LISD will be hosting “Career Out” in-person and virtually on Friday, March 4th from 8:30-11:30 a.m. where students are able to shadow a job and explore careers.

Juniors and Seniors are encouraged to sign up and be able to spend a day with someone in their preferred career path. Career Out offers over 80 businesses that will participate and students are able to shadow. 

We want to help ease that burden by helping students explore careers that are out there,” Lindsay Ayers, Director of Strategic Partnerships at LISD, said. “This is a great way to do that before making a decision about what to do when you graduate.”

“Career Out” will be offering both in-person and online for students. Students who plan to visit in-person must provide their own transportation and online will be sent a Webex link. Registration opens on Wednesday, January 26 at 7 a.m. for Seniors and Thursday, January 27 at 7 a.m. for Juniors.

Students can not only use this resource to find their career goals, but also add to resumes for college and learn about local businesses. Past students have been able to intern at the business they shadowed as well.

I plan on going into engineering,” Senior Sophie Romero said. “I want to know what a day in the life of my future career is like and to be more prepared for college.”

With the addition of participating, Seniors are able to apply for a scholarship and three seniors will win a new Macbook Air, which is sponsored by TIAA.

“Our businesses also love giving back by sharing what they do,” Ayers said. “I think it’s one of the best things we do as a school district. It’s a win-win for everybody.”