Topcats Host Dance Clinic

Topcats will be host a fall dance workshop Nov. 15. The workshop will include the Topcats teaching workouts and dances to seventh-eleventh graders. This event will take place at TCHS in the dance studio in front of the tennis hallway and tickets cost $9.

Senior Annabelle Garfield is the captain of the Topcats and she will be hosting the event along with 4 other officers. She will be choreographing and teaching workouts to the students. 

“I’m super excited about it and think it will encourage kids,” Garfield said. 

The workshop also doubles as a fundraiser and tickets can be found on the Topcats website (https://tchstopcats.com/). 

Topcats Coach Alexandra Rogers welcomes students to the workshop that either want to join Topcats in the future or enjoy dancing in general. 

Our workshop is new this year designed to offer a dance opportunity for all students who may be interested in trying out for Topcats next year or dance in general,” Rogers said. “This workshop is going to be run like a convention style class providing our participants with a warm up, across the floor work, and a short dance combo.” 

This event can offer many opportunities for both students and the Topcats. Students can get a first hand experience with dancing and what it takes to be a Topcat. 

“I’m looking forward to seeing some new faces and getting the opportunity to share dance with more students,” Rogers said.